District of Mackenzie Fire Rescue Department
The District of Mackenzie Fire Rescue Department provides fire protection within the District boundaries and vehicle extrication service for the main highway and secondary roads over approximately 10,000 square kilometers. We also provide mutual aid response to nearby communities on request.
The Fire Department consists of a Fire Chief, Deputy Fire Chief, and thirty-six volunteers when it is at full complement. The volunteers consist of two Assistant Chiefs, a Training Officer, an Assistant Training Officer and four companies. Each company has a Captain, Lieutenant, Engineer and eight Firefighters. We also have spots for 4 Junior Firefighters.
In addition to emergency response, the Fire Department provides these services:
Please return your Burning Permit & Fireworks Display Permit Applications to the District of Mackenzie Office at 1 Mackenzie Blvd.
Join our Team!
Want to make a difference in your community?
The District of Mackenzie Fire Rescue department is accepting applications for membership as a Volunteer Fire Fighter.
Candidates must be:
- 19 years or older,
- Reside within the response area of Mackenzie, and
- Be reasonably physically fit.
Applications can be completed online or picked up at the Fire Hall on 60 Centennial Drive.
We also welcome teens between the ages of 16 - 18 to apply as Junior Firefighters.
For more information, call 250-997-4221.
Time Lapse - Fire Department November 23rd - 30th
New Fire Hall Project
- April - Mid-May - Concept Design Process - complete!
- Mid-May - June - Development of Construction Documents - complete!
- July - September - Tender & Contract Award Process - complete!
- Fall 2020 - Construction begins
- Fall 2021 - Project Completion
Budget & Funding:
The District has budgeted up to $6.5 million towards the completion of the project, which is 100% funded through the Northern Capital and Planning Grant program. Thank you to the Province of BC for their generous financial support towards the project!
Reports, Ads, and Concept Drawings:
- Contract Award for General Construction - September 14, 2020
- Bidders Interest List - August 26, 2020
- Engaging Subcontractors and Labour - August 10, 2020
- Subcontractors and Trades Wanted!
- Construction Management Contract Award - July 13, 2020
- Fire Hall Concept Drawings - May 25, 2020
- Fire Hall Funding Update - May 25, 2020
- Fire Hall Project Update - April 14, 2020
- Fire Hall Design & Engineering Services Contract Award - March 9, 2020
- Fire Hall Proposal - January 27, 2020