Start or Grow Your Business
New ventures. new growth.
Starting A Business
- Step 1: Review the Small Business BC Checklist and contact local business support services for help. Small Business BC and Community Futures Fraser-Fort George have numerous resources as well as knowledgeable staff to help guide you through the business development planning processes.
- Step 2: Register using the OneStop Provincial Business Registry.
- Step 3: Select a Business Location. This can be done independently or through a qualified real estate agent.
- Step 4: Identify Zoning and Permitted Uses. Business locations must comply with local zoning and bylaw regulations as well as BC building and fire codes. Before confirming a lease or purchase agreement, ensure the location is suitable. District staff can assist with ensuring regulatory compliance once a location has been selected.
- Step 5: Apply for a District of Mackenzie Business License.
- Step 6: Utilize local business programs and resources to help make your business a success.
Current Business Opportunities
Looking for an opportunity to purchase an established business? Look no further than Venture Connect. Run by the Community Futures of Fraser-Fort George, Venture Connect assists:
- Business buyers, both local and foreign, to identify and acquire appropriate businesses.
- Listing agents, business sellers and economic development agencies to identify their opportunities and connect them with buyers.
Growing & Supporting Your Business
We are here to help your business thrive in Mackenzie! Below is a listing of District Programs as well as community resources to support you and your business from start-up to retirement.
Ready to Retire?
Look no further than Community Futures of Fraser-Fort George. They offer free small business advising services as well as workshops regarding succession planning and preparing to sell right here in Mackenzie. They also run the Venture Connect program which assists business owners in preparing for the sale of their business.
Contact their Business Development Officer for further information at 250-562-9622.