Skip to content

Facilities & Rentals

Let the good times roll

The District offers a wide range of indoor and outdoor facilities to host your next event. Let us host your conference, workshop, wedding, anniversary, meeting, or sporting event. Rental opportunities range from one day parties, to multiple day events.

Available Facilities

  • Aquatic Centre
  • Community Hall
  • Arena
  • Little Mac Bike Trails
  • 1st & 2nd Beach on Morfee Lake
  • John Dahl Regional Park
  • Mackenzie Skate Park
  • Cicada Ball Diamonds
  • Rodeo Grounds

Examples of Special Events

  • Outdoor Weddings
  • Family Reunions
  • Fundraising Events
  • Bike Races (road/trail)
  • Run/Walk Events
  • Markets
  • Festivals & Carnivals
  • Tournaments
  • Conferences
  • Birthday Parties

How to Book a Facility

To book community facilities and/or parks and greenspaces for a private function, please contact Recreation Services at 250-997-5283 for further information.

Insurance Requirements

For certain events, applicants using the facility must provide a Liability Insurance Certificate in the amount of up to $5 million, naming the District of Mackenzie as an additional insured. Recreation Services can provide further guidance on this when you submit your application.

If you are unable to find the insurance you require locally, the Municipal Insurance Association of BC provide facility users insurance that automatically names the District as additional insured. Please click the button below for a quote.

Serving or Selling Liquor at Your Event

If you are planning to serve or sell liquor at your event on District property, you first need to obtain permission from the District as well as the Liquor Control & Licensing Branch. You may request permission by either including a request with your above application or by contacting the Recreation Services with the following information:

  • Name, Address, and Contact Information of the Applicant
  • Date(s) and Time(s) of event
  • Location(s) of event
  • Number of individuals expected to attend

Prior to your event, you will need to show a copy of your comprehensive liability insurance with extended coverage to include “Host Liquor Liability”, as well as your Special Event Permit issued by the BC Liquor Control & Licensing Branch.

Road Closures for Events

Interested in hosting a community street party or even a parade? Contact the District Office at 250-997-3221 for details on how to apply to close the road for your event.

Scroll To Top