Keeping our community safe
District of Mackenzie Emergency Services is made up of the District of Mackenzie Fire Rescue Department, Mackenzie Search & Rescue, BC Ambulance, and the RCMP. In collaboration with these organizations the District of Mackenzie supports and promotes community wide emergency preparedness. To learn more about our programs and activities, please visit the pages below:
Report Crime Online
New tool makes reporting less serious crimes easier for residents
Mackenzie residents have a new way to report less serious crimes—online. Mackenzie RCMP have launched an online crime reporting website that allows people to generate a report and file number for crimes including where:
- you have lost something that costs less than $5,000
- someone has stolen something from you that costs less than $5,000
- someone has vandalized your property or vehicle and it will cost less than $5,000 to repair it
- the crime happened within the jurisdiction of the Mackenzie RCMP
- you want to report a driving complaint that is not in progress; complaints include speeding, distracted driving, or failing to follow road signs or signals
- your licence plates or decals are lost or stolen
The online crime reporting website will not be able to create a file if:
- you have a witness to or suspect for the crime you are reporting
- lost or stolen item(s) involves personal identity or firearms
This new, efficient way to report less serious crimes provides citizens with the file numbers they may need in circumstances of lost or stolen property and allows RCMP front-line staff to focus on higher-priority issues to ultimately improve response times, which will improve the safety of our community.
To report a crime through the online tool, residents need to provide an address, phone number, and valid email address. The process typically takes less than 15 minutes to complete.
For immediate police assistance, please call 9-1-1.
in an emergency
Deputy Fire Chief:
60 Centennial Drive
P | 250-997-4221
F | 250-997-4224
For non-emergencies, call 250-997-1234