The District of Mackenzie is currently accepting applications for a Full-time Mechanic position for the Public Works Department.
This position is responsible for skilled shop and field mechanical work at the journeyman level in the maintenance, overhaul and repair of a variety of small and heavy-duty equipment and vehicles. Employees in this department perform skilled mechanical and related tasks in accordance with established trade practices and exercise considerable independence of judgment and action in completing most assignments.
The required education, qualifications and competencies for this position are as follows:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Valid BC Driver’s License – Class 3 Air Endorsement
- Journeyman with BC TQ or Inter-Provincial qualifications in automotive or heavy-duty mechanics
- Commercial vehicle inspection program qualification
- Physically capable of carrying out designated responsibilities
Find application and career details in the posting below:
Application Deadline: 4:00 pm Monday, June 15, 2020