The District of Mackenzie is following the Province-wide restrictions and mask wearing requirements recently announced by the Provincial Health Officer and, as a result, the following apply effective immediately:
- All visitors to District-owned facilities must wear masks. This includes:
- District Office, 1 Mackenzie Boulevard
- Public Works, 10 Cicada Road
- Bylaw & Animal Control, 10 Cicada Road
- Fire Hall, 60 Centennial Drive
- Fire Hall #2, 700 Airport Road
- Mackenzie Recreation Centre, 400 Skeena Boulevard
- Mackenzie Public Library, 400 Skeena Boulevard
- Ernie Bodin Community Centre, 86 Centennial Drive
- This Order does not apply to visitors with medical exemptions or those who are under the age of two years.
The upcoming Council Meetings on Monday, November 23, 2020 will continue as formal meetings of this type have been exempt from the order. However we still ask that all participants please wear masks, and adhere to COVID-19 Safety protocols in place if you wish to attend. A copy of the Council Meeting Highlights will be distributed in the mailboxes for residents who are unable to attend.
Further information still to come regarding the status of the Mackenzie Recreation Centre fitness and group programming. Announcements will be made on the District website, Facebook, and Mackenzie Recreation Centre Facebook pages as guidelines are finalized.
For further information about the new Provincial Health Order, please visit the BC Government website.