TOURISM/VISITOR INFORMATION COUNSELLOR
(May to September)
Chamber of Commerce
(1 Position Available)
Application Deadline: 4:00 pm Friday April 7, 2023
Reporting directly to the Manager, Mackenzie Chamber of Commerce, this role provides oversight and support to visitor services for Mackenzie. This position plays a vital role in supporting the mandate to attract more visitors to Mackenzie.
The job is located at the Caboose Visitor Centre site, Junction of Hwy 97 & 39. This is a seasonal position, operational between May and September. Staff will work on a rotating shift schedule, and must be available 7 days a week, for 10 hour shifts. Reliable transportation is required. Hourly rate of $18.00, including 4% Holiday Pay. A driving allowance of $30.00 per completed shift is paid out as part of the compensation package. This position receives supervision but is expected to be self-driven and maintain close connections with stakeholders and partners. Duties are performed independently using the incumbents experience and judgement. Must be comfortable working alone and following WorkSafe COVID guidelines and safety procedures. Wearing of Mackenzie Visitor Centre uniform required with top, jacket and name tag provided.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Promotion of Mackenzie as a visitor destination, with knowledge of Mackenzie and area.
• Provide customer service excellence.
• Documenting, communicating and reporting with excellent oral and written skills.
• Key role with social media activity, ie: Facebook, Twitter, TripAdvisor, Hello BC.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, Internet, and basic computer skills.
• Janitorial duties including ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Knowledge of local area, attractions, trails and services.
• Thrive in a fast pace environment with ability to track statistics.
• Enjoy being a part of a team that is collaborative, passionate and driven.
• Outstanding customer service skills, structure and patience.
• Proven resilience in a customer service environment.
• Demonstrate ability to problem solve.
• Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines with accuracy.
If you feel your experience has prepared you for a Mackenzie Tourism Councellor please submit your application before Friday, April 7th, 2023, 4:00 pm. Please provide details concerning work experience, education, qualifications and employment references to:
Chamber of Commerce
11 – 600 Mackenzie Blvd.
Mackenzie, BC, V0J 2C0
Attention: Janey Morgan, Manager
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.