Beginning September 13, 2021, the District of Mackenzie will be required to verify proof of vaccination using the BC Vaccine Card for certain discretionary activities.
As we have throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the District must, under Provincial Health Orders, continue to follow the Provincial Health Officer and Northern Health guidance and directions, including these new requirements.
Based on the Provincial Health Order, visitors and participants will be required to show their BC Vaccine Card and government-issued photo identification for the following activities:
- Adult fitness (gym), sport (hockey) or dance activities for those 22 years of age and older
- Indoor events, bookings, and gatherings of more than 50 participants
Proof of vaccination is NOT required for the following:
- Recreation and sport activities for those 21 years of age and under
- Public swimming, skating, pickleball and climbing wall, when not associated with an event
- Workers at the workplace, including coaches and volunteers who are required to run the program
- Before and after school programs
- Teachers and instructors providing education activities
- Government activities and services, including Council Meetings
- Outdoor events
More information is available at - https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html