COVID-19 cases in the North are on the rise. Effective October 14 at midnight, new health orders for the Northern health region (specific areas only) will come into effect. This circuit breaker order is in place until Nov 20 to give a chance for hospitalizations to go down.
The orders include:
- Personal gatherings limited to 5 people indoors, and 25 outdoors, with only fully vaccinated people.
- People who are not yet fully vaccinated can only gather with their own household.
- Organized in-person gatherings limited to 50 people indoors, and 100 outdoors. All organized gatherings require a safety plan, masks, and presentation of BC Vaccine Card with full vaccination.
- Restaurants must not serve alcohol past 10PM.
- Restaurants, fast food, cafes require vaccination to dine-in
- Bars & nightclubs are closed.
- Worship services - virtual only.
- Sport events spectators are limited to 50% capacity, and require a safety plan, masks, and presentation of BC Vaccine Card with full vaccination.
- Non-essential travel outside your community is strongly discouraged.
To help keep your community safe and get back to doing the things you love, get vaccinated today. Find a clinic here: gov.bc.ca/VaxForBC and learn more about the regional health orders here: gov.bc.ca/Covid19Restrictions
- Public Skating (when on the ice)
- Athletes participating in sport (when on the ice for figure skating/hockey or using the indoor pickleball court/climbing wall)
- Fitness Classes/Training Sessions (once inside the Gym)
- Pool Sessions