When it's time to unwind - or wind up.
Located at the heart of the community, the Mackenzie Recreation Centre is a hub for all things fitness and fun! We feel privileged to have such a robust facility which is home to our aquatic centre, weight room and cardio centre, ice arena, child’s play area, and the Mackenzie Public Library. In addition, our staff work hard to offer a range of exciting recreation and fitness programs and courses to help you explore, grow, and thrive every day. There is something for everyone!
Location, Hours of Operation & Rates
400 Skeena Drive
Mackenzie, BC, V0J 2C0
Email the Rec Centre
Facility & Fitness Centre
Monday - Sunday | 6:00 am - 10:00 pm
Below is the Aquatic Centre schedule. Drop in programs, public swimming, special events, and swim lesson opportunities are posted to our calendar, and can also be found on the Mackenzie Recreation Centre Facebook Page.
Our aquatic centre has a variety of pools and features:
- The 25-metre main pool makes it suitable for swimming lengths, diving, or aquafit classes.
- Young children, babies, and their parents can swim safely and comfortably in the warm and shallow teach pool.
- 8 Person Hot Tub & Sauna is restricted to those aged 13+ unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The Wibit is a long inflatable obstacle course stretching the length of the pool! The Wibit is put in and out on a scheduled basis.
Stay fit in the darker months with our cardio and weight rooms. Improve endurance and build strength with our fully equipped fitness centre, complete with:
- Rowing machines
- Stationary bikes
- Plate-loaded equipment
- Synergy machine
All users must have clean indoor shoes
Youth aged 11 and under are not permitted in the Fitness Centre
Youth aged 12 to 15 may use the Fitness Centre if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian
Youth aged 13 to 15 must take the Weight Room Orientation Course if they would like to use the Fitness Centre unaccompanied
Youth aged 16 and older may use the Fitness Centre unaccompanied
Multipurpose Community Hall & Community Living Room
Our beautiful new Community Hall, Community Living Room, and new Arena Lobby and Reception Centre are now open to the public!
We are greatly appreciative of the extensive community and financial support we have received for this project! Since 2015, the District has been awarded $5 million from the UBCM Strategic Priorities Fund Grant, $1.5 million from the McLeod Lake Mackenzie Community Forest, $250,000 from the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George (RDFFG), and $250,000 from the Northern Development Initiative Trust (NDIT) for a total of $5.5 million towards the new addition and energy saving upgrades!
Active Play Space & Climbing Wall
Active Play Space
Our Active Play Space is now open for children 9 and under, make sure to check our schedule and guidelines prior to use.
- Parents/Guardians over 16 years or a qualified Red Cross babysitting certificate must be in attendance in the playspace when their child is on the playgym equipment
- No food or pop/juice permitted; water only environment
- Sock only environment; cubbies are provided at the entrance to the playgym
- Balls, small toys and sticks are not permitted in the playgym
- Climbing on the netting will result in closure of the playgym
- Schedule subject to change
Stay tuned for Climbing Wall opening dates!