The District of Mackenzie is currently accepting applications for an Executive Assistant/Legislative Clerk for the Administration Department.
Application Deadline: 4:00 pm Friday March 20, 2020
This position reports to the Director of Corporate Services and will provide executive level administrative assistance support. Typical duties will include:
- the handling of correspondence and requests for information;
- developing meeting agendas and record minutes at meetings when required;
- conducting research and writing reports;
- assist with the development of bylaws, contracts, and agreements;
- arranging details for municipal functions and meetings;
- booking appointments and making travel and accommodation arrangements;
- complete registrations for conferences; and
- assists with related matters as required.
To qualify for this position, you will:
- possess a post-secondary education in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- be able to tactfully and professionally deal with all levels of government officials, members of the public and staff;
- possess proficient computer skills and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office are necessary;
- have excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- the ability to prepare reports, minutes and correspondence are necessary;
Experience in public sector administration, preferably in the municipal sector is desirable.
Experience with and a working knowledge of the Community Charter and Local Government Act will be an asset.
The District offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work with an outstanding team.
If you feel your education and experience have prepared you for a position such as this, please submit your resume and covering letter detailing your work experience, education, qualifications and employment references to:
District of Mackenzie
Attn: Diane Smith, Chief Administrative Officer
PO Bag 340
Mackenzie, BC, V0J 2C0
The District thanks all interested applicants in advance, however only those short-listed will be contacted.