We are All In this Together
The District of Mackenzie is closely monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation in British Columbia. The health and safety of the public and District staff is our top priority. The District continues to work with internal and external partners, including the Province of BC, the BC Centre for Disease Control, and Northern Health on a proactive approach to deal with COVID-19. We will adjust our response based upon advice from public health officials.
For further information and the most current information on Public Health Orders, please visit www.gov.bc.ca.
As of Friday, March 11, 2022, B.C.’s indoor mask order is being repealed. Face coverings will be optional for people in all indoor public settings, including District of Mackenzie facilities. People may want to continue wearing a mask based on personal choice.
Indoor common area mask requirements for employees as part of the Workplace Safety Order will no longer be required.
What is the District doing
- Adopted a Communicable Disease Plan
- Continue to provide hand sanitizing stations at all public facilities.
- Maintaining open communication with our internal and external partners across the Province, as well as with local residents and businesses.
- Ensuring the public can access District services via phone, email, online form, or appointment if necessary.
- Continued cleaning protocols at all public facilities.
- Placing signs throughout venues reminding everyone to follow safe hygiene practices.
- Ensuring business critical staff have the right tools should they need to work from home.
- District employees are being asked to stay home if feeling unwell.
Continued Service Delivery
The District is still providing regular municipal services to the community. Contact information and hours of operation for each department can be found below:
Council meetings are open to the public as well as available online over Zoom/phone.
Join Council Meetings Electronically
Residents are invited to join the meetings via Zoom or through phone. Please contact the District for meeting details by email or by phone 250-997-3221 by 4:00 pm on scheduled Council meeting dates.
Council agenda packages, minutes and highlights will continue to be available via the District website and portal page.
Please feel free to forward any questions regarding the agendas to Corporate Services.
Financial Services - Payment Options
Alternative payment methods to in-person options are available to residents.
Resources for Everyone
Please visit the following agencies websites for the most recent updates regarding the outbreak and factual information about COVID-19:
The BCCDC has developed a COVID-19 webpage with resources for residents and businesses. They have also developed the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool to help determine if you need further assessment or testing for COVID-19. You can complete this assessment for yourself, or on behalf of someone else, if they are unable to.
Northern Health has launched a COVID-19 Online Clinic and Information Line to help answer questions and concerns from Northern B.C. residents. The NH Online Clinic and Information Line can be reached at 1-844-645-7811.
Resources for Business
Please visit the following agencies' websites for the most recent COVID-19 business support information:
- Government of Canada - COVID-19 Resources
- Province of BC - Employer Resources
- Employers & Business - BC Centre for Disease Control
- Worksafe BC - COVID-19 and the Workplace
- Small Business BC
- Northern Development Initiative Trust
- Community Futures Fraser-Fort George
- Northern BC Tourism Association
- Tourism Industry Association of BC